Sunday, August 19, 2007

and now time to offend....

I have had enough of religion!
It has no place with its racist tendencies and warlike need to "spread the word"
we need to get it out of our Government and back into the churches where it can rule those who feel
like spending thier time with it.
Its ability to spread FUD is outrageous, and I can never under stand how people eat this up...
The catalyst behind my recent ranting outrage is the $27 Million Creation Museum in Petersburg KY.
I read and reread the name and culdnt believe it
CREATION MUSEUM....
my mind reeled in wonder and horror,
What could be in it?
I mean as far as I knew according to religion things have always been this way from day one (well after the expulsion from paradise) there hasnt been a evolution of man or animal.
so what could they have to say possibly?
Fortunalty for me: Ars takes a field trip: the Creation Museum and as usual first i looked at the pictures before reading the article and guess what I saw...
DINOSAURS!
SO RELIGION HAS ONCE AGAIN JUST ACCEPTED SOMETHING THEY FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL WITH SCIENCE ABOUT AND ADDED IT TO IT STABLE!!!
WTF?
Oh man this is too much:

is that really Eve with a Velociraptor?
are you kidding me?
who is buying this crap?
sigh...
The other thing that made me annoyed was this:
Atheists identified as America’s most distrusted minority
In truth I think the Atheists are less likely to blow shit up or fly planes into buildings.
Who the fuck are these people to say anything?
The same people that tryed to kill Galileo? Galileo was required to recant his heliocentric ideas, declaring the immobility of the sun to be "absurd in philosophy and formally heretical", and the mobility of the earth "to be at least erroneous in faith";

Fuck this...
can we get a Atheist in the White House please?
(I know the answer is no but ommon)
when will todays religions go the way of ancient religions?
I mean come on,
Its obvious that the current religions were dreamed up not that long ago, seeing as the people before
had a different belief set and they did pretty well for themselves...
Maybe life was better under Odin and Zeus...
the fact of the matter is religion has no place being involved in the ruling of the nations of the world...
look at the middle east,
a girl was stoned to death for loving a man of a different sect, by her OWN FUCKING FAMILY AND THE POLICE!
The stories coming out of Afganastan of children and women starving to death because they werent allowed to leave the house or have money without there husbands (who were killed or arrested during the conflicts), and the one sad story of the one womand who couldnt take it anymore and ventured out to get food and was given bread by a man who felt pity only to have the both caught, the woman stoned and the mand had his hands removed.
or How about Christianity being used to show how its ok to enslave many africans because the were "souless subhumans who needed to be brought into the light of god"...
riiiight,
fire away at me,
tell me I am wrong and that god is merciful and just and blah blah blah
to that I say
"Until there is proof of the existence of god I will go the way of deep agnostic belief....and remember, its not for me to disprove his existance, the job is yours to PROVE it."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

right ON big mama :)

ant said...

i feel the exact same way. more people have died because of religion than for any other reason in the history of the world. something that there is no real proof of. it's rediculous. how can that be a good thing?

Joe Milazzo said...

I realize this is an old post... just wanted to give kudos... I've spent the whole year reading books by Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Carl Sagan, Victor Stenger.... all true proponents of science and above all...REASON!