Saturday, February 10, 2007

Joining the masses

For awahile now I have been trying to figure out what people do in Starbucks when they are sitting there for hours.
So due to a series events that all lined up just right...
here I AM!
So got my coffee, 1 Venti Americano (good stuff I suggest everyone drink one of these a day)
Laptop open, its nothng special to look at unless I rotate it to tablet mode but it is running Vista, hopefully no one will notice and want to talk, I am just here to observe and follow the Prime Directive!
So laptop open, and surfing the net...
people coming in and going out,
few people been here looks like for the long haul, i suppose i look like this right now,
not much going on, people reading
chatting, writing, staring...
this is all not very interesting
wait
theres wildlife in the back
ahhh the local crazys... babbling to everyone half smoked cigarettes in their mouth
you know
for all its pomp and arrogance...besides the tmobile hotspot deals and readily available electricity this place is like Dunkin Donuts -donuts.
I think its the mood lighting
It sets your internal clock wrong so you dont notice how much time has passed
they dont really bother you either
and I have noticed the clientele here is between the ages of 15 and 20 majority, girls..
how odd, I always thought guys drank more coffee and the older generation
then again I hung out in a dunkin donuts for like 16 years...
and it was alot like this Starbucks in Upper Montclair
all I need is to look out the window and see some kids hacking and Morty walking around babbling nonsense to feel at home...
ah well...

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, Gawd...Morty...zoiks. I miss that guy.

ant said...

hey morty, looks like your head's bleeding again.

Erica said...

Were you there when he told me (us?) that he had explosive diarrhea in his fine silk Italian trousers?

Because I sure as fcuk will never forget that.