Sunday, February 4, 2007

Windows Vista: Day 2

I have made a promise to myself to not use any macs for this whole weekend to get the nice full experience of Vista without distractions, and I have to say, its not bad...
Except:
So I set out to make Windows Media Player to play nicely with my 360, so after I checked my file sharing abilities (in a very user unfriendly menu), I make sure everything is as it should be and reboot...
and start my 360
start the the media center setup on 360 and media center on pc...
input 8 digit code (not sure what this is all about)
and...
IT WORKED!!!
unfortunatly I have no media on here so i navigate to online stations and attempt to check out mtv when
"THIS OPTION REQUIRES THE LATEST FLASH PLAYER INSTALLED"
wtf?!?
(now a little backstory: since I loaded Vista and started running aim, i noticed my friends icon, titled "weemee" doesnt run anymore because it says i need the newist version of flash which have tryed to install again and again over a matter of hours)
So i discover flash doesnt work for Vista,
oh well...
Besides that and some odd problem where my aim keeps logging off and Vista drains the batteries like crazy
oh
and the fact my tablet cant sleep anymore (felt like the processors were going nuclear)
everything is pretty cool.
I forced Divx player to install and run under a Win Xp sp2 emulation, so I was able to connect to my bedroom Mac (which is getting a little long in the tooth) and share some movie files to my Vista and played a episode of FireFly cross network, unfortunatly the codec couldnt install into media player so I used divx player.
I look forward to the future of this OS and to testing it this week at work in a office environment.

No comments: